Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008

I remember being twelve and trick-or-treating with a group of neighborhood friends. We were having a really good time until we knocked on the door belonging to the Halloween Scrooge (cousin to the Christmas Scrooge). She took one distainful look at us and with irritation in her voice said, "You are too old to be trick-or-treating. This year really should be your last." The Halloween Scrooge then dropped one Smartie packet in our bags and shut the door. She was the poop in the parade that night if you know what I mean.

For years I was stuck with the idea that you don't go trick-or-treating after age twelve or thirteen. Then along came Jeff's brother, Brian, and his wife Erin. They are well into their twenties and still go trick-or-treating. My new line of thinking is that I don't care how old a person is that comes to my door, as long as they have taken the time to put together a decent costume.

Erik was a K-9 Police Officer. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for bringing over their dog Sadie to complete Erik's costume!

Claire is posing to show off her witchy pink and green fingernails.

Our cute baby bunny, Megan.

I'm not quite sure what to do with all of their candy...

Throwing caution to the wind, our twenty-something trick-or-treaters...Napoleon and Deb.