Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pretty Pretty Princess

Back row: Sarah, Dina, Diane & Elizabeth
Front row: Janae, Marci, Nancy, Joanna & Bridget

Ahh, once again it was a "you had to be there" moment with this title. It comes from a something Nancy read. As a mother you spend so much time building up and encouraging your child that you can neglect the bit about building up and encouraging yourself. So sometimes you have just got to look at yourself in the mirror and say, "I'm a pretty pretty princess!" Well, for fun I tried doing that today. I started with a straight face, then the smirk kicked in and I was flat out laughing by the time the sentence was over.

These are my playgroup friends from a previous neighborhood. I started in when Erik was 18 months old and we got together every other week or so until our kids were in kindergarten. We haven't been together as a group for nearly 10 months and finally last week the "moms" got together for dinner. During dessert we had what is affectionately refered to as our "kumbaya" session. There is a serious amount of sass in this group and my cheeks hurt from laughing so hard.

We all readily agree we needed each other at that point in our lives. There is no way it was mere chance we all became part of the same playgroup. What an inspiring group of women. Thank you!