Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thank you again...& again

Hey Claire, what is the biggest number that you can think of?
"One hundred fifty six thousand seventy nine three million forty two ten."
Wow that is some number!

Erik it's your turn. What is the biggest number that can think of?
"Infinity."
He is such a smarty pants second grader.

I don't know how many times I need to say THANK YOU but it is somewhere along the number line of what my kiddos said.

While I'm not pleased with my weaknesses being so publicly on display, I've got to say that I am forever grateful that I don't have to experience this privately.

Last week I received a sweet card from my cousin Jennifer. In one part she said how she really does believe that God doesn't give us more then we can handle. And she is right on. Don't you think the reason we can handle situations so much more terrifying and challenging or heartbreaking, than we ever dreamed, is because God sends others to our aid?

I will be ready to sit down and say, "I'm done! I don't want to do this anymore and I mean it this time!" But I never stay in that tantrum state for too long (even if I want to) because inevitably someone comes along and does or says just the right thing to get me going again.

So...THANK YOU for the thoughtfully written cards, letter or emails, treats, dinners, help with household tasks, friendships with me and Jeff and the good friends my kids have, and thank you for your prayers on our behalf. And for all the smiles and tears and laughs and many other things I forgot to mention...thank you.