Saturday, October 3, 2009

Easier said than done.

What is easier said than done? Oh all sorts of sayings come to mind but the one that stands out is "Enjoy the Journey." I'm telling you what, I had to repeat those 3 words every day during the month of September in hopes that eventually I'd believe it.

Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the journey.

I found myself day dreaming how much easier it would be to enjoy the stinkin' journey if I had a strong and healthy body.

There were moments where I quit grumbling long enough to remind myself that when I was als free I took my health for granted and found other things to be wishing for. It is easy to wish for and surround ourselves with stuff and fluff and crap that just doesn't matter.

Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the journey.

I know I'm not alone and that many others had a challenging month for one reason or another. With that being said if you now find yourself in 3 days into October you deserve a pat on the back or a high-five. Maybe I will make and distribute t-shirts that say:
"I Survived September 2009"
or
"I survived September '09 & all I got was this crummy t-shirt."

Ready or not here is October and there is a big bowl of candy waiting at the end.