Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I wish that this was sent in the more personal card form, but I am afraid that this will have to suffice as our family’s official holiday greetings!

This past year having Erik at age 8, Claire at age 6, and Megan being 3 has been so much fun. I love how their small hand feels just the right size when I am holding it. I almost wish that time could stop and my kids could stay at this stage for just a bit longer.

Certain things come more easily to children, than to adults. And there is a lot that I can learn from them! I love how easily children laugh, how they live in the moment, how they are generous with their hugs, their constant curiosity, and how they are quick to forgive.

Even though Erik, Claire and Megan are looking forward to the gifts this year, I love that they are beginning to understand that during Christmas we are also celebrating the birth of our Savior.

We hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Some photos that may have made it on the 2010 Christmas card, had we sent one…

Claire and Megan

Erik @ Cascade Springs

Megan was happy holding this chicken and didn't mind that it pooped on her. This is shortly after Megan cut her hair, her reason being that she wanted bangs like Eriks. (haha!)

@ Red Butte Gardens

Jeff and Erik in a 5k. Erik had found a praying mantis along the course and carried it to the finish line.
Claire

Jedi-Erik
Megan trying out Jeff's backpack prior to his King's Peak trip.

I love this guy. A LOT!!!