Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hot Dogs & Peanut Butter

Recently Jeff was talking with Claire and she stated, "Daddy, I love you more than hot dogs!"
Jeff raised his eyebrows and said, "really?"
She then replied, "yeah, I don't like hot dogs very much at all."

Okay.

Last week Erik was feeling picked on because his parents were asking him to do a difficult task along the lines of picking up his coat and shoes. Finally Jeff who was done asking, simply announced that if Erik wanted to find his coat it would be outside. With that Jeff opened the door and tossed the coat onto the driveway. Erik, quite angry now, yelled out, "I hate you...more than...peanut butter!" (oh, it was so hard not to burst out laughing)

But he did stomp over to the door, fetch the offending coat and hang it up in the proper place. Erik does not like peanut butter at all. PB & J sandwiches, Butterfinger candy bars, Reeses Pieces candy etc. are all big time Y-U-C-K.

If I've got this straight, some days our children hate us more than peanut butter, but love us more than hot dogs.

"So I've that going for me. Which is nice." -Bill Murray