Friday, July 22, 2011

Fishing

The summer Erik was 5 is when he really started to get into fishing and he was always asking Jeff to take him. They had gone out twice and gotten skunked twice. Nothing. The next Saturday morning they went out I decided to go see what was going on and this is what I found:



I saw Jeff laying down while Erik took charge. All of a sudden it made sense for why no fish were being caught. The just weren’t interested in Erik’s ping pong ball sized blob of powerbait dangling from the hook!

Poor Jeff. He is as interested in fishing as he is in quilting or watching Star Wars episode I-III. But he still buys a fishing license every year.

The other day I woke to hearing Erik whisper, “Dad, can we go fishing?” I squinted at the clock and saw that it was 5:51 a.m. They went but didn’t catch anything. Later I asked Jeff if he had been laying down (Haha) and he claimed “No.”

* Erik wants me to add that he usually does catch fish. He and his Uncle Steve will have fun swapping fishing stories.