Friday, April 15, 2011

Tropic, Utah

Have you ever been to Tropic? What do you mean, ‘What is that? Where is that?’ Silly. It is near Cannonville. Hmmm...still don't know? Okay, Tropic is close to Bryce Canyon in Southern Utah.


Last week Jeff and I went on a 3 day trip. This time we went to Tropic to visit our friends (and former neighbors) at the Stone Canyon Inn. Between Dixie’s cooking, Mike’s cowboy poetry and the red rock background you can’t go wrong.


One favorite was going to the dinosaur tracks. I hated thinking how last time I was here I scrambled right up the sandstone, no problem. THIS time, on the other hand, I needed Jeff’s help every step of the way. But at least with his help I made it up. And dinosaur tracks were everywhere!


It is so fun to drive on back country roads, with the windows down, and travel for miles without seeing another person. In these outdoor settings I get a glimpse of how we are part of something much more immense than what we can truly comprehend. Not in a way that makes me feel small and insignificant or unimportant. But I feel like each life has meaning and a purpose. It’s therapeutic :-)