Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baptism Day

Dear Erik,

March is a busy month for us, but without a doubt the best part about this year was last Saturday when you were baptized! I tried to keep the tears in but when you came up out of the water I'm afraid that a few tears came out anyway.

But crying is just something that moms do at these type of events.

They weren't sad tears. This time they were happy tears. It was a combination of relief and joy. Relief that I was here to see the baptism of my son, and joy because of your decision to be baptized. Everything that your dad and I teach you... I really believe is true. I'll be honest that there are some things I don't understand or have the answers for right now. But what I do know is that the times I put forth effort to follow the teachings of Jesus, it is easier to find that peace and happiness I'm always in need of.

I love you so much!

Love ALWAYS - Mom