Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December happenings

Alright, I’ve been thinking about the bit in the last post:
“And then I can move on, because let’s be honest, constantly thinking about your problems can be all consuming and gets tiresome.”

Once again I have stumbled across an “easier said than done.”

Way to go Janae! (high-five)

I’ll be honest, I’ve been thinking a lot about my voice. Twice last week I was at gatherings where there were quite a few people and it was noisy. I could not project my voice, had an extra difficult time enunciating words, and knew it was hard for others to understand everything being said. I finally gave up and sat back to just watch and listen. I enjoyed being in the company of wonderful people and eating tasty food but afterwards I felt like crying.

What are my options? Becoming a recluse isn’t an option. Or at least it is not my first choice. At clinic we have briefly discussed various programs and devices to aid communication. It is amazing what is out there. But I can feel my irritation growing...let's move on!

So, then on Friday I headed back out. This time with Jeff to his work party then on Sunday we went to the L. family Christmas party (51 people!) and chatted and had a good time at both. I’d really like my voice normal but apparently need to adjust expectations for myself…this is going to be hard.

-----------------------------------

I can hardly believe we are 12 days away from Christmas!

My Christmas hope is that everyone can feel the love of God in their life. My dose today came via a kiss goodbye from Jeff, a hug from Claire and Megan, and when Erik forgave me after a less-than-stellar-mom-moment. A kiss, a hug, and forgiveness make good gifts.

My bambinos in December 2007